100 Colorado Landscapes - Published

100 Colorado Landscapes
A Collection of Watercolors by Artist: Kayla Koeune
Now available through Amazon and Barnes and Noble



Starting a new series is like taking that first step up the side of a mountain. You know what general outcome you would like to see and I suppose you also know the general direction you are headed to, but there is a lot of uncertainty. Question that popped up in my head where to start, how to start, how many in the series, how big should the art be, who cares if I paint them, and who am I trying to reach and why. I must say this is a series I did for myself and my personal exploration of the new surroundings of living in Colorado. I wanted to challenge myself so I choose a number that was large enough to take dedication but not too substantial that I would quit before the journey began. I have a love of the great outdoors so a series of landscapes seemed like a pretty natural subject, plus in a state full of dynamic land features, finding many different unique sites to paint would not be a challenge. 
I chose to paint 100 landscapes of Colorado, maybe because 100 Colorado Landscapes rolled off the tongue nicely or maybe because I saw other artists challenge themselves to do a series of 100 images. Whatever the reason I was excited to see if I could finish and finish I did. One of the biggest challenges in this world is to finish projects that you start, although I am disciplined to tie tidy bows around projects I must say that I was challenged to do what have done because even though i have the determination to finish there were points where I was thinking I could stop these no one will notice.. maybe.. oh wait I will.
Although these are images that can captivate all audiences I really want to engage those within my community, the Colorado community.

Each watercolor is available for purchase. Email Infernoartstudio@gmail.com for more information!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flight Cancleled.... Buffering... Buffering

Dirt Roads and Mountain Air

Joey and the Chopper Boys - Jack Schit