The Goddess in Art




What started as doing a fun drawing of a woman motorcycle rider clad in a helmet and scarf has developed into a series of pieces. Inspired by pop art and early poster art these women are bold and depict the reality of a rider. There is an overwhelming majority of photographs and paintings of women on motorcycles depicting them half naked and sexy as hell.. which is great for those women and I know boobs sell... but I am just not one of those ladies. When I get on my motorcycle I am going somewhere, which means I am probably going to hit wind and rain and hopefully a whole lot of sun. I am usually dressed with a base layer (my favorite made by smart wool), a heavy jacket, a scarf to protect my face and alway my helmet no matter the state law. If I am going down and its not hard enough to kill me you best believe I hope to save what brains I have left in this life. Any how, with that being said, where are the women like me depicted in popular images? Where is the glorification of people who like to ride long and hard but still dress like a person on an adventure not a model getting ready for a pinup shoot. I mean I was young and silly once, I too got on a motorcycle in a skirt with a low cut top.. and I have the exhaust scars to show it. But being a tiny bit older and significantly more wiser... I want to see images of women like me. Women who balance what is cool and what is realistically going to keep me dry and protected so I can do back to back 3,4,500 mile days.. Maybe I embellish and my cool points are down there these days but you know what I mean...

So anyways that is what this series is about. I didn't intend on making a series of images of women but it ended up to be about women like me. Women who ride and truly adventure in this life. I want to climb mountains and take my motorcycles around the world and that just isn't going to happen in heels and short shorts... I mean it could but Im not willing to put myself through that...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flight Cancleled.... Buffering... Buffering

Dirt Roads and Mountain Air

Joey and the Chopper Boys - Jack Schit