Plein Air in Colorado


Although I spend most of my time in my studio lately I have been trying to get out and paint in the world. I must say it has been quite refreshing as lame as it sounds the cool air, the quiet nature and the warm light have brought new inspiration into my work. In my college days I spent more time drawing from the subject ... be it from a still life, a model or outdoors, rather than spending all my time in the studio painting from photos and memory. These days life is the opposite and getting out a few times over the past few months have really motivated me to live more. Instead of using photos, to hike into a spot in order to paint from the source creates its own adventure that I need more of. I forgot how much information a photo lacks. You can imagine how the colors dance in the light but seeing the colors dance while your working makes you learn how to capture the life in a image. It is one thing to render an image but a complete other thing to capture the feel of life.

So here I go to capture the world to get out of the studio and be refreshed by nature, by the live figure and by the still life from life. To find a new attitude and stain in my work and tackle Plein Air Art.

As always Thank You for Viewing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flight Cancleled.... Buffering... Buffering

Dirt Roads and Mountain Air

Joey and the Chopper Boys - Jack Schit