PanKnuckleShovel Mural - Loveland Colorado


 It's always fun to bring a new challenge and goal into your work. The Motor Mural I painted in Loveland Colorado was the most fun I've had painting in a long time. Although this image was a commission and heavily influence by David Mann at the patrons request, it was a pleasure to be challenged to make art from a ladder. I have wanted to break into the mural world for some time now and have been working up to larger public works. I have done large scale paintings and a few installations murals but this was my 2nd true mural and I must admit I'm addicted.
  You spend most of your time designing the image on a screen in your studio knowing you will be making the image on scaffolding and ladders with limited amounts of time. The temperature is out of your control and once the painted is cracked you know you will be working around the clock in order to get it done in a timely fashion. When someone watches your process it can be nerve wracking because lets face it some of the stages of paint are not pretty and they freak people out, as well as focusing while others watch and strike up conversations. Doing live art in clubs for years helps block most things out but it's still a challenge I welcome.
  I learned so much about how to refine my process from doing this 5 foot by 5 foot mural and I am excited to take my new knowlege to a downtown Denver Cafe, where the image will be 12 feet by 14 feet. That lesson I learned is that scaffolding is necessary for patience, confort and energy to last the long hours in the air!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flight Cancleled.... Buffering... Buffering

Dirt Roads and Mountain Air

Joey and the Chopper Boys - Jack Schit