Art of Maps - Inferno Art Open Studio


  Inferno Art Studio is proud to announce its first open studio show featuring the "Art of Maps". The show will open in December 16th with private showings available upon appointment. This series was inspired by my love of travel and adventure. I spend many hours fondly pouring over maps in search of the unbeaten path. Reading maps for me is as intoxicating as diving into an epic novel or expertly written screen play. Creating a map is intricate with tons of small details and all sorts of elements to explore. From filigree to ships and compasses to elaborate labels the art or of the maps offers so much to explore that parallels my addiction of travel.
  The series includes 9 two dimensional works of art to include 5 oil paintings and 4 ink and stain pieces. The hand drawn/ painted maps feature world, country, regional and historical subject matters. All the works are embellished and themed based on historic map illustration technique and traditions. The images within the maps tell their own stories and emphasize diverse characters from Pagan gods of the Vikings, to the creatures of the Odyssey and especially the nautical traditional images that inspire a vast quantity of tattoo art today.
  This is an Open Studio show and I work from a studio that I have arranged in my home. During the remodel of the house, we purchase earlier this year, my amazing husband, an electrician, installed gallery lighting throughout the house as a unexpected gift. The lighting combined with the modern clean lines made our home a perfect set for showing and essentuating the art. It brought working from home to a whole new exiting level and relieving me of the burden of procuring space to display my passion.
  I would love if you would mark your calendars and come partake in the excitement of this milestone. As always thank you for viewing.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flight Cancleled.... Buffering... Buffering

Dirt Roads and Mountain Air

Joey and the Chopper Boys - Jack Schit