Motorcycle Art at the Harley Museum : Milwaukee Bike Week, Motorcycle Prints, Jessi Combs Book Signing, Hand Crafted Motorcycle Leathers and Live Art.

The Yearly Trek to Milwaukee Bike Week, I must admit, is one of my favorite events to attend.
There is nothing better than the warm familiar feeling of going home. The old architecture, welcoming midwestern people and the opportunity to visit old friends tears into my heart with the 
desire to move back.
I was blessed with the opportunity to share a space to show hand crafted work with my amazingly talented friend Heyltje Rose. I was delighted to spend the weekend catching up with this Long beach Artist who has been an inspiration to me as an artist. Her wonder hand tooled and hand cast accessories sold like hot cakes to all including Willie G and his beautiful wife Nancy.


After slaving in the muggy outdoors by day I joined my friends Nate and Amber to throw down some
 Live art at Rogues Gallery by night. It's always entertaining the questions one gets asked from a young crowd out exploring the city who don't really understand the contributing factors to the culture that makes milwaukee amazing. 

What are you doing? A: Oh you know just making some art.
Where do you apply to be an artist? A: Well I work for myself but every day is a grind to find creative ways to keep my dreams alive.
So you paint for money? A: I paint because I enjoy making art but to answer your question then yes I am a professional artist.

As he walked away clearly still confused, and I must admit I was a little as well, I realized i could have explained that milwaukee is all about Supporting Local Businesses to include Local (or once Local) Artists. That I come to paint here when I am in town because Rogues Gallery Supports Local Artists and has helped to expose many of the hidden talent of this city.



The Inspirational Jessi Combs 
made a guest appearance at our booth to sign copies of Joey and the Chopper Boys. This is the second time we were able to get together to in order to promote our children's book with a message. A message that girls have the power to do anything they dream of, that you should get to know people before you judge them, to believe in your dream and to Never Ever Give Up. We are both so honored and blessed that our hard work has been received with astounding feedback.

 All in all it was an amazingly productive, enjoyable and busy weekend. If it wasn't for the brutal winters, short riding season and just plain terrible roads i would be back in that city faster than you could say Milwaukee Home. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flight Cancleled.... Buffering... Buffering

Dirt Roads and Mountain Air

Joey and the Chopper Boys - Jack Schit